This passage has been special for me in the last few days as I've read my Bible readings and a few books I've been reading a chapter of daily. Vs. 2 has really been special to me in that I am reminded of my Bible study girlfriends. Read it with me: (from HCSB)
1. Hallelujah! I will praise the Lord with all my heart in the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.
2. The Lord's works are great, studied by all who delight in them.
3. All that he does is splendid and majestic; His righteousness endures forever.
4. He has caused His wonderful works to be remembered. The Lord is gracious and compassionate.
5. He has provided food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever.
6. He has shown His people the power of His works by giving them the inheritance of the nations.
7. The works of His hands are truth and justice; all His instructions are trustworthy.
8. They are established forever and ever; enacted in truth and in what is right.
9. He has sent redemption to His people. He has ordained His covenant forever. His name is holy and awe-inspiring.
10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His instructions have good insight. His praise endures forever.
At today's Bible study one of the ladies shared with us that she's been praying for Campus Ministries each day, morning, noon and evening, via an online prayer ministry. As she spoke concerning this ministy that she so enjoys I realized the style of praying she's using in the John Wesley style. As well as her involvement with this prayer ministry she plans to begin tutoring a young girl in Algebra as she taught/tutored Math several years ago.
How awesome it is to me that so many of the ladies in this group are involved with a variety of ministries behind the scenes. Most people will never see the things they're involved in. One visits a local nursing home weekly just following our meetings although she suffers daily with extreme pain in her body. One is tutoring a 10th grade homeschooler in Chemistry for trade as her daughter is able to join in some activities that are special to her.
Two of them are walking in a visible area of ministry in acting as Missionaries to Senegal on a regular basis. One of them also travels to Bangladesh and has been other places, also. The love for the Lord is so full and evident in all of our lives. We look to the Lord for His direction as to where we should serve Him.
The Lord has given us all several times of special retreat, in-depth study, wonderful conferences, etc. in these past few months and we've all experienced some wonderful high moments and truly some devastating attacks of the enemy. The attacks have made several of us relate very well to Paul when he spoke of 'doing the things he didn't want to and not doing the things he did want to'. We know that truly God is greater, however in the midst of the attack we often find ourselves weak but are always brought back to the strength, hope, trust and confidence in God and His presence and faithfulness.
One member of our group spoke of Listening! to the Lord. The question: Do you want to hear God's whisper? Elijah's story is our focus. Remember that he was hiding in a cave thinking he was the only one left who trusted in God. Then open up to the vision of him listening to the Lord as he was given direction to 'go to the mountain' for the Lord is about to pass by. There was a strong wind, a loud noise and a deep silence. Where was the Lord speaking? We know it to be in the deep silence in which the gentle whisper came, we can look at all the chaos and noise that seemed to be evident in this situation but we then can embrace that deep silence and know the we can be still and know that He is God. Hallelujah!
You, I, we must choose joy! Choose to walk in joy, peace and God's steps as we live through the moments of life. Always know that God has made each day and has given us room to make the choice to grasp His direction to be His hands and feet and go into the lives of those who we meet loving them His way with no judgment and critical attitudes but attitudes of love and acceptance. Be light! Be salt! Love and accept love, the love He has reserved for His.
In His Love,